Find tools, tips, and news on the Smart on Pesticides Maryland campaign here.
- New Maryland Law Will Protect State Pollinator Habitat, May 25, 2017.
- Maryland Takes Additional Steps to Protect Bees and Other Pollinators, April 11, 2017.
- Advocates Urge House of Delegates to Pass Strong Pollinator Habitat Bill, April 6, 2017.
- Beekeepers, Advocates Say State’s Pollinator Protection Plan Needs Improvement, July 18, 2016.
- The 2016 MD Pollinator Protection Act becomes law!, May 27, 2016.
- Maryland Becomes First State in Country to Restrict Bee-Killing Pesticides, April 8, 2016.
- Scientists, Beekeepers, Farmers Seek to Take Bee-Killing Pesticides Off Store Shelves, Label Plants and Seeds, February 10, 2016.
- Advocates Will Try Again to Restrict Bee-Harming Pesticides in 2016 Session; House Environment Committee to Study Issue, April 10, 2015.
- Scientists, Beekeepers Visit Annapolis to Support Labeling and Consumer Restrictions on Bee-Killing Pesticides, March 13, 2015,
- Beekeepers, Watermen, Farmers to Testify in Support of Labeling and Consumer Restrictions on Bee-Killing Pesticides Feb. 17, 2015.
- Ban Chlorpyrifos in Maryland – Fact Sheet, January 2018.
- Nurseries with Bee-safe Plants & Seeds May 2017.
- Bee-harming Products to Avoid May 2017.
- Safer Alternatives to Bee-harming Pesticides May 2017.
- Healthy Lawns & Yards May 2017.
- 2017 Pollinator Habitat Plans Law – Fact Sheet, January 2017.
- Smart on Pesticides Public Comment Letter for Managed Pollinator Protection Plan, July 2016.
- The Pollinator Protection Act – Fact Sheet, June 2016.
- Neonicotinoid-Free Consumer Pesticide Products March 4, 2015.
- THE SCIENCE IS CLEAR: NEONICS HARM BEES February 26, 2015.
- Bees in Trouble fact sheet (Friends of the Earth), February 2016.
- New Maryland Poll: Strong Voter Concern about Pesticides, January 2, 2015.
- Frequently Asked Question About the 2015 Pollinator Protection Acts, March 12, 2015.
- Infographic: Have You Heard the Buzz? Pass the Pollinator Protection Act, February 13, 2015.
- The Need for Pesticides Reporting
- Health Care & Public Health Professionals 2014 Letter to Governor and Legislators
In the News
- EPA Says Insecticide May Pose Risk to Bees
- EPA Releases the First of Four Preliminary Risk Assessments for Insecticides Potentially Harmful to Bees, Jan. 6, 2016
- Buzz About Bee Deaths: Committee hears bill to restrict pesticide , March 16, 2015.
- Md.’s infuriating inability to protect its residents (and bees) from pesticides , March 10, 2015.
- Life won’t be sweet without bees , March 9, 2015.
- No Bees? No Food, March 5, 2015.
- Bill Seeks To Protect Bees From Pesticides, Feb. 17, 2015.
- Beekeepers, Neonicotinoids & the Pollinator Protection Act, Feb. 4, 2015.
- Gov. O’Malley Signs Funding Bill for Pesticide Reporting, May 15, 2014.
- Maryland General Assembly Establishes Funding for Pesticide Reporting, April 2, 2014.
- Scientists, Public Health and Environmental Advocates Again Testify in Support of Funding for Pesticide Reporting, February 18, 2014.
- Survey Shows Marylanders are Very Concerned about Pesticide Risks, Support Legislative Action, February 12, 2014.
- Advocates Optimistic about Maryland Pesticide Reporting Work Group, July 8, 2013.
- Diverse Coalition to Testify in Support of Mandatory Pesticide Reporting, February 27, 2013.
- Maryland Delegate Lafferty and Senator Manno Introduce Pesticide Reporting Bill, February 8, 2013.
- Federal Report on Toxics in the Bay Shows Need for More Pesticide Information, January 17, 2013.
- Poll Shows Overwhelming Support for Pesticide Information Act, January 16, 2013.
Smart on Pesticides Newsletters
Social Media Graphics