Environmental / Public Health Organizations and Resources
- Beyond Pesticides — Founded in 1981 as the National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides, Beyond Pesticides serves as a national leader in the pesticide reform movement.
- Pesticide Action Network, North America (PANNA) — Pesticide Action Network North America works to create a just, thriving food system. It is one of five regional centers worldwide.
- Rachel Carson Council — Building on the work, legacy, and environmental ethic of Rachel Carson RAchel Carson Council links environmental, health and social issues, as Rachel Carson did, into a single, unified approach to today’s critical sustainability issues.
- Environmental Protection Agency Office of Pesticide Programs
- PesticideInfo — A searchable database of pesticide chemicals and related information, maintained by PANNA
- Extoxnet Pesticide Information Profiles — Extoxnet is a cooperative effort of University of California-Davis, Oregon State University, Michigan State University, Cornell University, and the University of Idaho.
- The IR-4 Project Biopesticide and Organic Database for Integrated Pest Management
- American Acadamy of Pediatrics
- MedChi: The Maryland State Medical Society — Maryland’s oldest medical association
- Center for Children’s Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research
- National Pediculosis Association — NPA is a non-profit health and education agency dedicated to protecting children from the misuse and abuse of potentially harmful lice and scabies pesticidal treatments.
- Children’s Environmental Health Network — CEHN is a national multi-disciplinary organization whose mission is to protect the fetus and the child from environmental health hazards and promote a healthy environment.
- Center for Children’s Health and the Environment, The Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Kids for Saving the Earth Worldwide